Saturday, June 09, 2007

crocheted lace

Ok, silly and old fashioned though it might seem, one of my favourite hobbies is to tie really long, seemingly unending, creative knots. Yep, I like to crochet. Lately, I've been concentrating mostly on afghans, but not all that many years ago I also used to crochet lace--doilies, table cloths, that sort of thing. I've always preferred the older lace patterns to the more modern motifs.

I recently decided to try my hand at lace again, partly because I wanted to see if I could still do such fine work and partly because I wanted to make a special "just because" gift for a friend. So I hit the web looking for a good source of patterns and motifs to base my work off of. If you like crocheted lace, you might like these links too.


Crochet Pattern Central



Angelfire Crochet Patterns

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home