Thursday, March 29, 2007

Promised Training Schedule

Yep, I start working with the trainer tomorrow. With my arm still in a cast, we are a little limited in what we can do, but we will make do. So this month will concentrate mostly on walking with some strength training thrown in. Rest days are not scheduled, but are suggested at 1 day per week. This week, I've been doing 2.5 miles at lunch each day, just to see if I could do it. I'm only a few minutes slower than I was this time last year. I put that up to the added weight of the cast and not being able to swing my left arm.

Hmmm, the inclined treadmill workouts, for the most part are at lower inclines than I'm already doing--I usually do 10%, sometimes 15%. I'm certain the trainer has a reason, and I will be finding out what it is.

The ultimate goal is to be able to handle the Mont Blanc Circuit by August--whether I actually get to go or not.

April's Training Schedule::

april
enlarge


It's a little early to be certain, but if this works out well, I just may continue with this trainer through most of the year.

Oh, and yep, that 1400' rise hike at the end of the month is on the same trail that bit me a couple weeks ago. It will not defeat me again. Ok, so it didn't actually defeat me last time, but it did bruise me. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home