Sunday, April 29, 2007

Week 4 and 5 training update

Ok, so here is week 4 updated and complete along with the last week's training.

I wasn't able to get as much training in as I would have liked this last week, and I feel bad about that, but I have to realize that sometimes schedules just don't let us do everything we would like to do or have planned. In other words life happens and can get in the way from time to time.

My physical therapy (PT) is going very well, though it is amazing how tiring it can be. I'm still amazed at how easily they can get my arm to straighten out in the office, and with little pain at all. It's frustrating to see my arm bend back up an hour or two later. On the other hand, it is getting straighter and stronger. The elbow is starting to look like a normal elbow, with the inner bend in my arm slowly starting to turn the correct direction. And I can, ocassionally, under weight, get my arm to straighten out for a minute or two. And then there's the vain part of my soul that is getting really sick of seeing that flappy saggy upper arm hang, and wonders how much longer it will be before I can get back to such exercises as push ups and bicep and tricep curls.

Meanwhile, the trainer is working on strengthening my core--maybe we'll get the gut, butt and upper thighs narrowed down a bit--and walking and ascent training. I'll be doing 10-15% inclines on treadmill, starting this week. And, of course, more stair work. Uphill climbs are my weak point, so they need more work. Still, I do need to add in more walking. And we'll be adding weight to a few of the strength training exercises.

So here are weeks 4 and 5. I'll update as I get my new monthly training schedule.

week 4 update
enlarge


week 5
enlarge

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home