Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Training Update

Well, how is the first month of training with Body Results going?

Honestly, not bad if you take into consideration that I was in a cast until a little over a week ago. The cast did slow things down. But now I am getting back up to the level I should be at and sometimes exceeding the expected progress. Physical therapy for my left arm is also going well. I will regain full movement, though it may take a while. The arm came out of the cast much more flexible than expected and I started the physical therapy much further along than most.

Ok, so the first two days of the training schedule were a loss. We simply weren't set up for it here yet. But I did what I could that weekend.

April week 1
enlarge


Week 2:: The amount of training done was a great deal less than expected. The arm tended to swell up inside the cast, cutting off circulation a bit. Also, it turns out that the healing process and carrying the weight of the cast around all day can be more exhausting than I realized.

April Week 2
enlarge


Week 3:: The cast came off on Monday. The arm is a little tender and very bruised (from the cast), but I am continueing training and picking up the pace as the week progresses. I had my first physical therapy (PT) session on Friday afternoon. I now do PT three times a day at home and three days a week at the doctor. I am in little to no pain, and have very little muscular atrophy. The doctor is enjoying the fact that I have a high pain tolerance threshold and that my elbow did not lock up while in the cast. It is a bit frustrating to watch the therapist easily straighten out my arm in the office and realize that by the time I walk the half mile home it will be bent again and I will not be able to straighten it.

April Week 3
enlarge


Week 4:: So far, so good.

April week 4
enlarge

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home