Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Proposed Itinerary, sort of

Option 1:: head out for Paris a few days early, spend 2 to 4 days recovering from jet lag and seeing a few sites, such as the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Arc De Triomphe, and maybe get a chance to at least step inside the Louvre for an hour or so. Yes, I know that's not much, but there really won't be time for more. Then off to Montpellier, maybe a day early, to join up with the trek group. Then head home within a day or two after the trek.

Option 2:: skip Paris all together, and just fly straight into Montpellier a few days early. Join up with the trek group and then fly back home the day after the trek ends. This would be less expensive, though I'm not certain what there is to see in Montpellier. I need to research that.

Option 3:: My least favourite, but that slight chance has grown a bit--not go at all.

The exact timing still has to be worked out, and nothing has been booked yet.

A big question I have is how much time to allow to recover from jet lag. I didn't have jet lag when I went to Germany, but I had a very bad case when I went to Scotland. Of course, for the Scotland trip, I hadn't slept for 24 hours before I even stepped foot on the plane. I know there are ways around this--drink plenty of water, stay up until what would be your normal bedtime (France time) on the day of arrival, and try to switch over your sleeping schedule while still on the plane. There are probably other tricks too. Anyone have any helpful hints?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home