Sunday, June 15, 2008

Success

Well, I did it. Or I should say, we did it. My riding partner and I completed the 35 mile trip on our bikes in 3.5 hours, including the two scheduled rest stops. So riding time was around 3 hours.

No sore muscles. Just a little tired and a lot hungry. Though I will admit that I am happy I didn't sign up for the 65 mile tour. 35 miles was just about my limit.

What I found amazing was that the 65 mile group left an hour before we did, and at about an hour into our ride several from that first group passed us on their way back. Several of the 65 milers did their ride in 3.5 hours or less. They had to average 20mph or better, given all the traffic lights all the riders had to deal with. Talk about fast. I averaged around 12mph, getting up to 21mph only a couple of times. And I thought I was doing pretty good.

We had a lot of fun, met gads of wonderful people, and most importantly helped out a worthy cause.

I will likely do this again next year. I might even go for the 65 mile tour. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Katharine Eliska Kimbriel said...

Conga-rats to you! A great achievement! (Are you losing inches doing all this?)

I admit I forgot to get back here -- between being sick and worrying about money (silly me) I haven't been browsing as much.

One of your email addresses says you're no longer there -- the kbates one. True?

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home