Sunday, May 11, 2008

Another toy

Yesterday we went bike shopping. Yes, I already own a beach cruiser that is badly in need of repair and a tune up. Beach cruisers are not much use on the road or for distance or speed, but they have their place and can be a lot of fun too. And while I love my little blue wide tired, low speed baby, I have now added a sleeker, speedier model to my bicycle stable.

Picture 2


I am now the proud owner of a Scattante 660, complete with a fluid trainer for those days when I can't hit the road. The bike can turn on a dime at full speed. I love it. I tested several bikes, even one with a full carbon frame, and I liked this one the best.

Was this a frivolous purchase? Perhaps. I plan to make use of her though, starting with the Tour de Cure in a few weeks. I'm also considering joining Team in Training, but the amount of money and time involved may be a problem in my already tight schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home