Sunday, June 08, 2008

Tour de Cure training update

The first thing I would like to say is Thank You to everyone who has donated so far. With your generous help we have more than doubled the original $150 goal that I set. Much better than I expected to do. The ride is next Saturday, so if you would still like to donate, but haven't had a chance to do so, please do. Just click on the thermometer in the sidebar and it will take you directly to the donation page. Or, you can donate any time of the year by going to the ADA site and just making a donation to their cause.

Training is going well, though I am sorely behind schedule. At least I am not suffering from sore muscles or seat. :-) Yesterday we did 16.5 miles, half of it against the wind. Time? About 1.5 hrs. I'm suffering no ill effects this morning, though I think I will pick up a pair of gloves before the ride. We estimate that the ride will take about 3-4 hours on Saturday (including the stops and gos that come with city streets). It might be less if we had started training sooner, but this isn't a race. It is a challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home