Friday, May 23, 2008

Wow! The donations are flowing in

THANK YOU!!! to everyone who has contributed so far. Yes, I know I've already thanked each and everyone of you in person, but I just had to say it again. :-)

I promised to keep you updated on my progress, so here we go. You can see how the fund raising is going by taking a look at the thermometer in my sidebar. We've exceeded expectations. YIPPEE!! Please, though, if you planned on donating and haven't had a chance yet, please still do. Every dollar helps.

Training is being held up by the unexpected wet weather this week. Well, that and I discovered yesterday that my bike computer is a front wheel rather than a rear wheel model. The problem? A rear wheel model is required for use on a stationary trainer. For now, that problem is resolved by using my room-mates bike when on the trainer. He has a rear wheel computer. The problem number 2? I just discovered that assembly of the trainer requires an adjustable wrench or 13mm box wrench. Of course, this is one of the tools that I don't have handy. So, after my appointment with the eye doctor today, I will try to remember to pick up a wrench. Then I will finish assembling the trainer and see if I can get some biking and strength training in today.

Weather? We are expecting rain again today. Ok, it was starting to rain when I came in from my outdoor workout area a few minutes ago. This could slow training down a bit too, though at the very least I might be able to bring my dumbbells inside and at least do some upper body work.

I hope to hit the 15-20 mile distance mark this holiday weekend.

Tour date is June 14.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home