Tuesday, January 01, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

And a a few more photos.

While everyone else is sitting in front of the television, eyes wide in amazement as they watch each and every float in the Rose Parade drift by--each more wondrous than the next--, I sit in front of my computer sorting through and uploading photos from my last trip to Europe. No, not really for anyone else to see, but just for my own enjoyment I suppose. I'd be editing them too, but I am at a friends house and they have no editing software. That seems so odd to me, but I guess not everyone bothers with editing their photos. Some people just pick the ones they like and have them printed at the local photo shop. I'm not really certain what happens to the photos they don't like. They delete them, I suppose.

It seems I will have a busy week in front of me, not only cleaning my office at work and getting ahead of the game a little (I hope), but ploughing through the office at home too. With luck, I will be setting up my room-mate's new photo printer as well as an art printer he bought a couple of year's ago, mainly for my use. I don't really have any resolutions for this new year, though I may begin taking my photography a little more seriously--that's what the art printer was for. (Well that and some of my digital work or perhaps I should say play. Maybe I'll enter a few contests or submit my photos to a few of the UK journals. At least with the UK journals I can keep the rights to my photos, I think. I had better double check that.

Ok, so maybe I do have some resolutions. Clean the office. Set up the printers. Make room for my easel and paints. Load Poser, Bryce, etc onto my new laptop when it arrives, and just maybe actually learn some of the finer points of the software. Organize and edit my photos, maybe scan in some of my negatives. And after all of that, if there's time, I can consider seriously doing something with my work. I know, it sounds more like a weekly todo list, but maybe that is what resolutions are to me. A step by step progression rather than a leap.

Oh, and let's not forget the 20-40 pounds I have yet to lose. Of course, if I lose them, nobody will recognize me. Hmmm, that could be fun.

Anyway, I have another set of photos from the trek available for viewing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home