Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My new favourite drink

Well, anyone who has read this blog, even just a little, has probably noted at one time or another that the only hot drinks that I am partial to are hot chocolate and mint tea (unsweetened). Ok, I sort of like hot mulled cider too, but not the Starbuck's stuff. It's too sweet, and they don't use mulling spices. They use a sugar based cinnamon flavour syrup.

Anyway, I recently went back on my diet. I still have a few pounds to shed. And, well, drinking only mint tea or water can get a little boring. Since I avoid caffeine like the plague, to use a cliche, I tend to search for herbal teas that have some kick to them or enough natural sweetness to satisfy that sweet tooth of mine. It's rare that I find an herbal tea that I like, however, I am adding Celestial Season's Spiced Sugar Plum to my list. Not only does it taste great, but it smells wonderful. And, at least to me, it is sweet. The only drawback is that it is seasonal. So, I just may have to pick up a few extra boxes to get me through the rest of the year.

Now, if only I could find a chocolate tea that doesn't contain caffeine or peanuts and doesn't need sweetening. Chocolate, chocolate mint, chocolate hazelnut, chocolate whatever..., I'm willing to try it.

Yes, I know, I could use artificial sweeteners to give the mint tea a bit of a change in flavour, and maybe make some of the other herbals I've tried so far palatable, but, guess what? Yep, I've never been a fan of artificial sweeteners--well, excluding a short stint a few years back when nutrasweet first came out. That use was caused by a health issue that has since improved.

I'm open to suggestions for possible drinks, hot or cold, to add to my very short list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home