Thursday, September 27, 2007

Training Schedule

Did I say less strenuous?

I could have sworn I heard her say 1 workout a day, 5 days a week, and a hike or equivalent activity every other week. I need to get my hearing checked. Or maybe she realized that my schedule was about to get a lot more hectic and she wanted to make certain I had plenty of choices for my exercise routine. At any rate, not a single off day is listed on the calendar. Ok, I have the feeling that Fridays might be my day off, since what is scheduled is pretty much my every day walk, aside from the pack weight.

So, training for the next few weeks is meant to be a post trek cool down of sorts, while still keeping in current trekking condition or better. Compared to what I was doing before my vacation, this is a cool down. This month is also the start of keeping my metabolism up, trying to shed a few pounds and drop a few inches. 40 pounds would be about right, though I imagine more than 20 or so before the end of the year would be unhealthy. If I make it back to skinny, I will post a photo. Maybe I should post a before and after....

Sometime between now and the end of the year, perhaps sooner, I should pick another trekking goal to work toward. Even if it is just a place holder until something firm comes along. Or, even if I am unable to take a trekking break next year. You need a good 6 months of 3 workouts a day, 5-6 days a week to get into excellent condition. A schedule like that means you pretty much have no life.

Ya know, I actually have no idea what is playing on the tv these days. Does anyone know what the latest popular shows are for the "relax at home" after work or school crowd. Lately, the most I catch is a few minutes of the scifi channel (usually Star Gate reruns) just before I crash on the couch, or, if I get a late start in the morning, I might catch the last few minutes of Conan O'Brian and the first few minutes of the 4 am news. Couch potato I am not.

I'll post my current workout schedule as soon as I get a chance.

For now, lunch time is over and I have to get back to work. Day job calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home