Monday, September 10, 2007

Home again

We arrived at the airport very, very, very late Saturday evening. By the time we got home it was early Sunday morning. A few hours sleep and it was off to my roomie's mother's house in San Diego to do laundry and pick up the pets. I'm still not completely unpacked, but at least all the smelly stuff is clean and fresh.

Here it is Monday afternoon and I am back at work. Thankfully, the day job is a little slow today, but maybe that isn't as good as it sounds. I do need the time to get back into gear again, though much of it is coming along instinctively. I admit to having started cleaning up the work e-mail a couple of days before we flew home. But honestly, I only did about an hour a day while everyone else in the chalet was still sound asleep. Still, I have to admit that I am tired and will gladly hit the bed early tonight--like as soon as I get home, if allowed.

I will be posting photos as soon as I get a chance to go through them. This could be a bit, but I promise they will appear.

We thought the group would be full, but there were a few cancellations, so we ended up with 14 members. 14 exhausted but happy members by last Friday evening. I would happilly recommend my guide and the trek to anyone who is interested. Just make certain you are in shape before you go. The climbs are steep and rugged, both uphill and down. The food is filling and good, and the wine is plentiful. You are likely not going to lose weight on this trek, but you won't gain either--unless you opt not to hike at all.

I now know what -7C feels like. No, I didn't hike to that peak. I took a cable car. It was nearly 13000ft. However, we did have mornings where we started the day at 0 or 2C, which means, yes, it was colder up above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home