Monday, March 26, 2007

Good News

at least as far as my elbow is concerned. After one week, it has managed to stay in joint--apparently, there was a concern that surgery would be required. I am actually glad I didn't know that when I made my last post.

I am still in high spirits and determined not to let this little mishap keep me from training, whether I get the privelage of joining my friends on the Mont Blanc Circuit or not this year. I managed to walk 2 miles, with cast in sling, in the heat without losing my balance yesterday. I only stopped because one of my laces came undone--yep, tying my shoes is something I need help with at the moment. So, balance issue under control, my trainer and I will start working late this week to see what we can accomplish.

Bad news--the pretty purple cast came off today. (Nope, that's not the bad news.) A pretty pink cast went on in it's place--longer and a lot snugger, but I have the use of my fingers and thumb again. (That's not the bad news either.) I'll be in the new cast for two weeks, instead of one. (Yep, miner though it is, that's the bad news.) :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home