Friday, March 16, 2007

Getting Physically Fit?

Well, we'll see. :-)

At the very least, I should be a little healthier, in better condition, and maybe a little thinner by the time I finish this program.

Here's what I have decided to do.

Starting tomorrow, I will be officially and strictly back on my diet for at least the next 6-8 weeks. I may continue after that, depending on the results.

I will also start back on my conditioning regime, and, hopefully sign up with a trainer this weekend. Now, I can't afford the trainers at my local gym. And, the last time I spoke to them they had no idea how to go about preparing someone for a hike. In fact, I got the feeling that they didn't think of it as much of a goal or a sport for that matter. Ok, I don't think of it as a sport either, at least not involving me. However, I know that there are exercises that are specific to hiking improvement, just as there are exercises that are specific to improvement in track or basketball. And sport specific exercises are an excellent way to improve your body for that activity.

So, I am going to try doing a coaching at a distance program with Body Results. Yes, that's right, the link over there in my sidebar under Hiking Interests. So far everything I have used them for and the advice they have given me for free has given excellent results. So, now I plan to give them a try with their on-line training program. They will taylor specifically to my schedule and my needs. And my schedule is tight, my needs great. Still, I haven't paid yet, and the consultation is looking good. I would not be surprised if I had my first month's schedule by the beginning of next week.

I plan on posting those schedules here on this blog for those who are interested to see what I am being advised on. I also plan on posting my progress. I like these people, they are friendly and knowledgable and practice what they teach. I know they will impress me and hold up their end of the bargain. The difficult part will be for me to hold up mine.

I wonder if they can get me to the point that I can impress anyone with how much I've improved since the trek through the Pyranees. Hmmm, I think I would really like to see that happen. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home