Monday, February 12, 2007

Books read

Saturday, a close friend of mine accused me of not reading. That's a terrible thing to say to someone who buys as many books as I do, of course, the fact that I purchase books does not mean that that I ever crack open the spine or flip through the pages. Still, while I have not been reading as much as I would like of late, he would have been more accurate to state that I do not follow world affairs. That I fully admit to being guilty of. I am so completely ignorant of what is happening out there and who the key figures are at the moment that I am embarrassed at my lack of self education. And I realize I must find a way to remedy that situation.

Still, my friend did cause me to realize that I have not been doing a good job of keeping up my book listings on this blog. So, here we go.

Last week, while I waited in the local Barnes and Noble for my roommate to show up--I don't remember why we were meeting, but we did met in the same place three times--I decided to check out the newest Laurel K. Hamilton book, just to see what it was he liked so much about them. This one was from her fairy series. I think I figured it out. Mistrel's Kiss was a quick and easy read, I finished it easily in those three sessions in the bookstore. Opening with five or six chapters of barely interrupted sex was a good way to catch the readers attention, but the rest of the book became a bit of a let down. The story was uncomplicated and easy to follow. I suppose this was sort of an erotic eye candy.

mistrel


This weekend, well actually yesterday, I started reading Patricia Marx's latest novel "Him Her Him Again The End of Him". I wouldn't classify this as eye candy, but it too is a very quick read. The reason, well this woman's life is so seriously screwed up that most of us can probably identify with at least a small part of it. And any woman who has ever dated an irresistable jerk will definitely identify with this book. I should finish the book this morning on the way to work, and would have finished yesterday if I hadn't been interrupted several times.

himher

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home