Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Browsing

through the local dating sites, that is.

Yes, I belong to two--Yahoo and Match.com. It's been a long time since I stopped by either. Ok, it's been a very long time. So, I thought I should go through and sort through and clean up any hits that might have occurred in my absense. Not too many on Match, well, actually none. Apparently, I remembered to turn off my profile before I went on hiatus. Sometimes I am efficient.

Yahoo had a few new hits, and several repeats from gentlemen whose profiles I had already politely dismissed. I have a feeling that a couple of these men just do a search and send out a generic e-mail to every woman on the list. What makes me think that, well, when they say they like my looks or my photo and I haven't supplied one on my profile I get a little suspicious. Of course, I could be wrong. Now granted, I'm not actively looking at the moment, so I don't really expect to see anyone who catches my eye, but I do give most of their profiles at least a cursory read through.

Today I did see something that caught my eye. Not the gentleman, not even his profile, but something he did that I haven't seen before. At the end of his fairly lengthy description, he asked three questions. If anyone approached him with answers to these, he just might be interested, even intrigued. Does this mean I'm interested in him. Sadly, not in the least. I did like his approach though.

Question 1:: What is your favourite outdoor activity?--simple enough. Most of us can answer this without hesitation. And, I now know that this gentleman likes to do something outdoors.

The next two questions, though they seem simple enough, can, if answered truthfully, reveal a lot about a person. Well, at least I think they can.

Question 2: How much personal space do you need in a relationship?

Question 3: Name five things you can't live without.

See, I told you, they are simple enough. Can you answer them without a bit of thought? I wouldn't be able to. And I know my roommate would be thinking for days. And there is a corollary to question 2 that should be considered. I added this. How much personal space are you willing to give your partner? The amount of space that you need and the amount of space you are willing to allow to another person are not necessarily equal.

So, think about it for a while. Answer the questions. Then sit back and try to look at your answers with an unbiased mind. What do your answers tell you about you as a person, in other words what would a potential date think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home