Saturday, November 25, 2006

LosCon 2006

So far it's been wonderful.

I am missing my friends, a lot actually, but there was plenty to keep me busy yesterday. Not only did I run into my publisher, but I am one of the hosts of what for the second year in a row is the biggest and most popular party at the convention. It's actually a combination of three parties--The Herbangelist Wine and Cheese party, Keith Kato's Chili party, and Kenn Bate's Ultimate Dessert Bar (including chocolate fountain). The combination of those three parties along with the generosity of the con committee giving us the Presidential suite again makes for a very impressive show. Plus it's a lot of fun.

What's happening today? I'm not really certain--I actually wasn't given a copy of the programming schedule when I checked in yesterday. I should probably take care of that, though I rarely attend panels at this convention. I will be spending time with my publisher again. We have a lot to talk about. It's amazing how many details are involved in putting together an anthology. Right now, we're working on the shared world bible. Next, and granted we've already started putting this together, comes the invitation list. If everything works out well, the intro and first story will be written by an author who is so very popular that I don't think selling out the print run will be a problem at all. For now, I can't say who that is, but then there's a lot I can't say with the anthology still more than a year, possibly two from its publish date.

I wonder if the Burning Man group from Westercon 2008 is here? I should check into that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home