Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Another trip to parts unknown....

Well, maybe.

Actually, it is a trip proposed by a friend. An adventure I would dearly love to partake in. Unfortunately, both work and my talent for messing up life may be blockading me this time.

I screwed up worse than I probably ever have, leaving my friend and his friends a mess to deal with. At the moment, my best guess is that no one is talking to me. Not unexpected, nor do I expect to hear from them any time soon. Oddly enough, even though I take full credit for the disaster, I can't get the one person I told at home about what happened to believe anything I say. He's very fond of saying, "don't worry about it, it will all blow over". Of course, that always works for him. For me it never does, or rarely does. This is not an ah well, that's life situation. This is a you screwed up, whether you meant to or not, situation. Now live with it. And so, I do and will.

And that, sadly, along with the fact that my manager will not allow me to take more than possibly a week of vacation in the May-June time frame--I'll be lucky if I can manage to get three weeks out of her in September-October--, means that I will most likely not be joining my friend in Albania or Croatia. It looked like it would be a lot of fun, a time of discovering what no one else I know has ever seen. Now, I think that my presence would just turn the trip into a disaster. And I don't want to spoil any one else's fun, especially his. That would just make my screw up even worse.

However, since I like to share what pleasures I can, here is a taste of what the trip would have been like.

The trek in Albania and a link to Dubrovnik ( a wondrous city in Croatia).

Albanian Trails and On Foot in Croatia.

Dubrovnik's web site

I know my friend would like company along the way. Anyone else want to join him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home