Saturday, August 12, 2006

Online Dating--Is it really the right choice for me??

Or more precisely, why it doesn't work for me.

I've been wondering about this for quite a while. My profile gets plenty of views but no definite hits. So there must be something that at least convinces men to take a quick glance, but nothing to encourage them to say hello. I'm not certain it would matter if they did make contact. I probably wouldn't reply.

I'd like to say the reason for this is something that I have just discovered about myself, but it's actually something I knew and just recently re-realized. I am in a sense very old fashioned. I just can't get past or around the barriers that my outdated ways set up in my path. On-line dating will never work for me simply because I need to be introduced to the perspective date by close friends or family members that I know I can trust implicitely, people who know me well. And, I would never consider going out on a date alone with anyone until I had met them several times in a group of friends. And even then, the gentleman in question would have to ask. I would never make the first move, probably not even the second. That may seem odd, but it is just the way it is. Those who know me well, who have known me for several years, often forget how very shy I am or how easy it is to send me into a timid silence. A naturally outgoing person, I am not. Though, at times, I can put on a pretty good imitation of one.

And yet, knowing this about myself, I will still keep my on-line dating account for a little while longer. There's always a chance that I might find my path around that barrier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home