Friday, June 09, 2006

It's been a busy week

Well, at work anyway.

I've had training in all sorts of technical stuff ranging from photonics applications and instruments (I ended up helping with the testing in that one, which just means I didn't have to take the test :-) ) to motorized control. The latter was today. I'm still trying to wakeup.

The most useful training so far though, was for the new photocopiers--the least technical lesson of all. Apparently I was the only one in my group to receive training, and that was completely by accident. I was walking by and got pulled into the room. Which means that I have been teaching everyone else in my group how to use the new machines (all week), most specifically the scan option. It's much faster than any of our desktop scanners, and we do a lot of scanning here.

I was so busy, and still am--it will take me a week to catch up on my work--that I missed the company dinner, and, thankfully, the awards. But it seems I received one. It was delivered to me the next day, the monetary portion in the form of an REI gift certificate. How the VP's and the regional sales reps came to the conclusion that was the best gift for me I don't know, but I have a pretty good idea.

Ah well, I'll make quick use of it. ;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger David M Gordon said...

Interesting stuff. You should update this blog more often, and with more frequency.

9:18 AM  
Blogger zara elis said...

Ah, shucks. You just want that REI gift certificate, don't you. ;-)

8:12 PM  
Blogger David M Gordon said...

When could us readers expect a new post? It has been too long between updates.

5:10 PM  
Blogger zara elis said...

There is a new post. How could you have missed it?

5:12 PM  
Blogger David M Gordon said...

Hmm, it has been a LONG while since this post. Cat got your tongue?

11:36 AM  
Blogger zara elis said...

Spoken like a silly puppy.

This mouse is far too quick and much too sneaky to be caught by any old cat.

Besides, I think you let a cat scratch out your eyes, because there have been several posts since this one. You'd have to be blind to miss them.

Mreooow....

Ooops, gotta run. Someone let that cat out again.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home