Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I've got a problem

Ok, it's really minor, nothing dire or life threatening, but still I am at a loss for a solution. My mind is drawing a blank.

In case you didn't know, I've been looking for the perfect, light weight journal to take on the trip to France. I might be able to manage without my laptop, but I simply cannot go anywhere without my favourite fountain pen and paper. :-) I finally found the blank book that I was looking for. It's a Moleskine, my favourite brand. If it's possible to be in love with a journal, then I am in love with this brand. Thin, soft but durable cover, stitched pages (the same paper as in their hard backs) that take ink well. It even has the traditional storage pocket inside the back cover. Perfect for what I need. And it comes in three sizes. What more could I ask.

Now, though, I have a problem. I like to start my journals, especially those with special intent, with a poem, song lyrics, or quote(s) that set a tone, follow a theme, or give meaning and inspiration to the words yet to come. At the very least, the inscription should be somehow related to the intent of the journal. In this case to record my impressions or other information having to do with the trip. I am drawing a blank.

Anyone have any suggestions?? Really, I need help here. It may seem like a silly little thing, but to me this is very important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home