Friday, May 19, 2006

A thought

Silly as it may seem, I've always believed that it is a courtesy to try to learn a little of the language of a country before you visit. Granted, if you only have a few weeks or a couple of months to prepare, you may not be able to learn to speak even a few words but you can at least learn to visually recognize a couple handfuls.

That being said, I think I can honestly say that I will never be able to master French. Not that that realization will ever stop me from trying, or from continueing to verbally assault the language. I have decided, though, that there is really only one phrase that I need to know. And it's a very important one.

Où est...? (Where is...?).

Or more precisely--Où est le Starbucks? What phrase could be more important at 5am, or any time of day for that matter? ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home