Monday, February 11, 2008

Did you know

that it is nearly impossible to listen to your iPod while sitting in a busy Starbucks? It's not just the noise created by their sound system, which seems to get louder as soon as your earbuds touch your ears, but the undulating vocal cacophony of your fellow patrons, that disrupts all attempts at personal musical harmony.

Ah well, I will just have to listen to the latest selections during a more peaceful moment, like one of my walks.

And speaking of walks, my trainer has uploaded this months workout schedule today. It looks like we are back on the serious training track. If I survive, I think I will be sleeping very well indeed for some time to come.

This month's schedule--

Feb 08 Calendar



Look like fun? The newest aspect is the biweekly test to see where I stand. In other words am I improving or back sliding. Yep, there have been some back slides, loathe though I am to admit it. Still, sometime in March, if I stick to my schedule and there are no backward slides, I should be able to run (or more likely slow motion jog) 1.5-2 miles continuously. I have never been able to run without falling unexplicably or having a knee buckle and tumble me painfully down to the ground--not even when I was a little girl. I'm still getting used to the fact that I can run, even a little. Still, I'll never be a marathoner--ok, I don't think I will be. My trainer could prove me wrong.

Now, I need to figure out how to use the lap function on my heart monitor. I'm going to need it in order to gather data for those biweekly tests.

So, did I manage to succeed on day one of this schedule? Well, considering I didn't receive the schedule until this afternoon and had to guess at what would be there, I'd say I did pretty well. 2.5 miles at lunch, no pack. 4 miles in the evening with an approximately 30 pound pack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home