Monday, December 14, 2009

One tree up...

One more tree to go.

Christmas trees, that is.

We try to put up a tree in both the living room and the family room each year. The big tree in the family room because of the high ceiling. We didn't get the lights up this weekend--it rained, a lot. And, to be honest, the large tree isn't up yet mostly because we decided to go with a fake tree this year, and, well, the age old trees inherited from our families were in need of replacement. So, we just purchased a new tree Sunday evening.

Most of the shopping is done. Most of the making of gifts is done. The holiday cards are being addressed, with a couple cards in the process of being made. Will I finish them? That is yet to be determined. I'm hoping all the holiday preparations, except for the baking, will be done by Sunday.

My room-mate has asked for guitar lessons so that he can learn to play at least one Christmas Carol by the 24th. I was hoping I could get him to learn to play a simple melody, but he seems determined to have me take the lead and him play accompanying chords. Still, it's his family he wants to play for, so maybe, just maybe, I can talk him into learning that melody. I look forward to the challenge. And looking at our separate schedules, I have a feeling all teaching will be done on the 24th while the cinnamon rolls are rising and the cookies are baking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home