Monday, August 28, 2006

6 Days to France

That's right, only 6 more days until we fly out, so I guess that's really 7 days to France since we don't arrive until the next day. :-)

And I am busy, busy, busy--just like always, though even more so. It's time to find all the last minute things that I forgot to pickup, or haven't had a chance to search out. It's time to make certain my pack is properly adjusted and can hold what I end up taking with me. That means that tonight I will be throwing everything that I think I am going to take with me into the pack, in no particular order, and then noting what I still need. Sometime later in the week, maybe even tomorrow, I'll start thinning out the pile and the pack will be lighter. The goal, get the pack as light as possible--lighter than I might pack if I weren't going to be hiking part of the trip, but not as light as I would probably pack on an unassisted hike. I suppose it's a good thing that I'm not one of those women who has to pack a curling iron and a blow dryer with me everywhere I go. Don't get me wrong, I own those lovely and useful appliances, I just rarely have need of them. Though a blow dryer can be very useful when you need to hand wash laundry that is unlikely to dry overnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home