Sunday, August 10, 2014

Packing Phase has begun

And it is beginning a bit more slowly than I would like.

Step 1--checked my suitcase to see if the items I think I am missing might just be there.  And "it's a miracle".  I've traveled so much in the last few years that I've started leaving many items in the suitcase.  It's just easier to find them that way.  Including clothing that I use only for trips.  It was all still there, so I will only have to sort through a few items to remove and add a few more, and then figure out what will go in my carry-on.

Step 2-- where the heck is that blouse that I wear with my formal?  Can't find it anywhere.  It should have been in the suitcase.  Wait, I remember seeing it recently.  Now where was that?

Step 3--  toiletries, toiletries everywhere.  Which to take in carry on, and which to put in luggage.  Remember luggage limit is 50 pounds....

Step 4-- MacBook, iPad, Blackberry (yes, I still use a Blackberry)--where are all the chargers????  Oh, there they are.  All neccessary brain extenders charging.  Movies downloading to lap top because iPad is over stuffed.  Remember to set up external hard drive.  Where are the international outlet adapters??  They should be here somewhere.

Step 5-- Fresh Duct tape to patch huge hole in luggage from 4 trips ago, and newer small hole from last trip.

Step 6--where is my travel guitar?  Where is the music I promised I would try to memorize.  Where is my Optics textbook?  Did I remember to download the midterm and next assignment??

Step 7--drown the potted pants and set up the automatic waterers.  Did we remember to get enough plastic water bottles?

Step 8--Stop mail.  Set phones and iPads to international operation.

Step 9-- what am I forgetting????

Is it Monday yet??  I don't think I scheduled time to sleep....  What time does the driver arrive?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home