Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I rarely post what I am feeling, but somehow I think this is important

Have you ever noticed how the weather often seems to reflect our moods. Sometimes it can make you feel as if you actually have some control over it, an elusive giant in the palm of your hand. It's not a logical thought or feeling, you know that, but still there it is floating around in your head all the same. Silliness, stupidity, can appear even in our darkest of moods. I suppose that's part of what makes us unpredictable, what makes us human.

Last night we had one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. Dark lavendar clouds edged in glowing haloes of pink-orange set against a pale blue and aqua sky. This morning it rains. And my mood it seems, has followed the weather.

Last night I destroyed a friendship. One carelessly written e-mail that was never intended to be sent is all it took. Today, I mourn the loss. Can it be mended? I don't know. I sincerely hope that it can. It is my fault that it fell apart. I must take the first steps to mend it. The largest steps. An attempt to build a bridge across a ravine that may have become too wide to span. This friendship, this friend, means more to me than I have words to describe. I will do my best to make it right again.

I was going to give a short list of some of the characteristics that I value most about this friend, but I think that is best left for saying in person. What I will say is, though rarely needed, this is a friend that I am and always will be there for, through good and bad. No matter what happens between us, from this point on in our lives, I will continue to be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home